Our crew necks are soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering to suit anyone.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (heather colors contain polyester)
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
What is the global bird population?
Before we answer the total population of birds, you must know that the total species of the bird population has decreased over the years since the 1500s due to human activity, climate change, pollution and deforestation. About 500 species of birds have seen a decline with 129 of them officially extinct. It is estimated that there are a total of 10,000 - 13,000 species of birds living today– that’s 200 to 400 billion birds. According to www.birdlist.org, their database shows 10,033 species to be exact.
Birds play an important role in controlling our ecosystem and keeping certain diseases at bay from contact with humans. Some play a vital part in our certain crops that love to eat are pollinated while others help with organic decomposition– thank you scavenger birds. How do we help to curve the population decline of our friends in the air and at sea?
- Create a garden
- Create a birdbox
- Stop feeding birds bread since it makes them sick so stick to seeds
- Speaking of seeds, bird feeders are pretty cool
- Stop littering, please clean up after yourself
- Plastics are not trending anymore especially when seabirds stomachs are getting filled with this stuff
- Stop your cat from catching birds
- Donate to places like the Cornell Lab of Ornithology: https://www.birds.cornell.edu/home/impact/science/